When you use Parcify, you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and your choices regarding this information.
Date of entry into use: 11 February 2018
Data collection and use
This policy applies to any users of the services of Parcify or its affiliates, and to anyone else who contacts Parcify or otherwise submits information to Parcify, unless noted below. This includes those who use Parcify or its affiliates’ services to:
- Request or receive transportation
- Provide transportation (couriers-partner)
- Request deliveries (delivery recipients)
Parcify provides services to users. The data controller is:
2000 Antwerp, Belgium
The information we collect
Parcify collects the following categories of information:
Information you provide
This includes information submitted when you:
- Create or update your Parcify account, which depending on your location and the Parcify services you use may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information, government identification numbers, date of birth and picture
- Submit information about your vehicle or insurance (for couriers-partners)
- Request services through an Parcify app or website
- Contact Parcify, including for customer support
- Contact other Parcify users through our services
- Complete surveys sent to you by Parcify or on behalf of Parcify
Information created when you use our services
- Location Information
Depending on the Parcify services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, Parcify may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- Transaction Information
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance travelled and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage and Preference Information
- Device Information
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information and mobile network information.
- Log Information
When you interact with our services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our services.
- Calls and text messages
We enable users to call or text each other through the Parcify apps. We enable courier partners and couriers, and delivery partners and recipients, to call or text each other without disclosing their telephone numbers. To provide this service, Parcify receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the text messages. Parcify may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, and for analytics.
- Address book and calendar information
If you permit the Parcify app to access the address book on your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our services and for other purposes described in this policy or at the time of consent or collection. If you permit the Parcify app to access the calendar on your device, we collect calendar information such as event title and description, your response (Yes, No, Maybe), date and time, location and number of attendees.
Information from other sources
These may include:
- Users providing feedback, such as ratings or compliments
- Parcify business partners through which you create or access your Parcify account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or apps or websites who use Parcify’s APIs or whose API Parcify uses
- Partner transportation
- Publicly available sources
- Marketing service providers
Parcify may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How we use your information
Parcify uses the information it collects for purposes including:
Providing services and features
Parcify uses the information we collect to provide, personalise, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
- Enable transportation, deliveries and other services
- Process or facilitate payments for those services
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a courier partner, refer a friend to Parcify, split costs or share your ETA
- Enable features to personalise your Parcify account, such as creating bookmarks for your favourite places
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing and research, and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends
Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services. For example, we collect information from courier partners’ devices to identify unsafe driving behaviour such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration, and to raise awareness among courier partners regarding such behaviours.
Parcify uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products.
Communications among users
Parcify uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a courier partner may text or call a courier to confirm a collection location, or a delivery partner may call a delivery recipient with information about their order.
Communications from Parcify
Parcify may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events. Parcify may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfil any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. Parcify may also use the information to inform you about elections, ballots, referenda and other political and policy processes that relate to our services.
Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Parcify’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law.
Cookies and third-party technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analysing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviours and interests of people who interact with our services
Information sharing and disclosure
Parcify may share the information we collect:
With other users
If you are a courier or delivery partner, we may share information with other user(s) including your name and photo; your location; your average rating; and contact information. If you choose to complete a courier profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile, including information that you submit and compliments that past couriers have submitted about you. The couriers/delivery recipient will also receive a receipt containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, your first name, photo, a map of the route you took and other transaction details.
At your request
This includes sharing your information with:
Parcify business partners. For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Parcify may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate, or business partners with whom Parcify may partner with to deliver a promotion, a contest or a specialised service.
With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love hearing from our users — including through public forums such as Parcify blogs, social media and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
With the owner of Parcify accounts that you may use
If you use a profile associated with another party, we may share your trip information with the owner of that profile.
With Parcify affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, Parcify may process or store information in the United States on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
With Parcify service providers and business partners
Parcify may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms and other service providers or business partners. For example, Parcify may provide information to such parties to conduct surveys on our behalf and to process payments for our services.
For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Parcify may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request.
This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements or other policies, to protect Parcify’s rights or property or the rights or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including trip information.
With your consent
Parcify may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information retention and deletion
Parcify retains your information while your account remains active, unless you ask us to delete your information or your account. Subject to the exceptions described below, Parcify deletes or anonymises your information upon request.
Subject to applicable law, Parcify may retain information after account deletion:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute;
- If we are required to by applicable law; and/or in aggregated and/or anonymised form.
- Parcify may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, if Parcify shuts down a user’s account because of unsafe behaviour or security incidents, Parcify may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Parcify account in the future.
Choice and transparency
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Parcify app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Parcify app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
After every trip, courier partners and couriers are able to rate each other, as well as give feedback on how the ride went. This two-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for all users.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account. You can also look up your trips, orders and deliveries history in the Parcify apps. You may also request access to, correction of, or a copy of your information by contacting Parcify at help.Parcify.com.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Parcify. You may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from Parcify by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your rides or information about your account.
Updates to this policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the Parcify apps or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.